Friday, April 8, 2011

BTCT Update

Hand work makes for boring blogs. Really, how many times can I show the Baptist Fans that I'm stitching, or the 40 leaves that need appliqued. Maybe the yards of bias stems I've been making or the 100's of circles? Well, here are two more blocks I got appliqued while in vacation. Between airport lounges, a 2+ hour bus ride and a 5+ hour plane trip home,
these two blocks have been finished with the exception of some embroidery details. I'll do all that at the end.
Here is a quick shot of the 9 blocks I've made so far.  There are 25 blocks + an appliqued border on this project, and I'd like to hand quilt it.  We'll have to see how things are in my life when that day arrives.
Slow and steady progress, a group of bloggers sharing their blocks over here, and the love of hand work will keep me focused on the finish line.  If you haven't tried hand applique, give it a chance, it's very portable and a great way to keep your hands busy while catching up on tv.
This will be my "best" quilt when it's finished.

7 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Your applique is FAB Sharon!! Yes, I can see why it will be your special quilt when it's finished!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see why it will be your best quilt too! Wow, it is a beauty already.

Linda C said...

If anything can inspire me to get out the patterns l have been saving for this quilt, seeing the photos of your blocks can. They are stunning. This quilt is going to be very special. Hand quilting it?

Lori said...

Yay! They look wonderful together!! I've been working on my blocks since returning home. I still love this quilt!

liz said...

But don't they look great! I would find it hard to make this my main project, but it does give me a change of pace when I turn to it. I'm loving the whole kit and caboodle: downloading, sewing, sharing on the blog. If it's finished my quilt will hold special memories, as yours will, I have no doubt.

Margaret said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your "Beyond the Cherry Tree" blocks, as well as your NYC pictures!

Carrie P. said...

oh, they are beautiful. thanks for sharing them. I have 2 friends who are doing that quilt too.