Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hotel Progress

I was going to bring my sewing machine and blast through some mindless piecing this week.  Then I got to thinking, those are good things to keep at home, projects that I can be interrupted in and go back to at any given time.  I decided to grab my bin containing a BOM.  It's from 2008. 
 Just typing that gives me a headache. I'm usually very good at staying on top of these types of projects.  I always hear about BOM's that languish at the back of a drawer or bottom of a box.  The reason I signed up for this particular BOM was that it was 30's repro fabrics and it was the only way I could imagine making a super scrappy quilt without having to buy out every print in my county. Seriously, some of the prints are only used in a 2.5 x 2.5 piece.
 The above photos are groupings of completed blocks.  I logged them all.  Then I went to the pattern to see what was left.  I'm over 50% finished on the blocks.
 These are some of my favorites.  I guess even when I try to go to the softer side of fabrics and prints, I still gravitate to the bolder, stronger prints and colors.
 And my love of applique stays strong with this block.  I have pondered making more of this block for some pillows.  That still might happen 'cus I pinned the templates to the back of this block.  Just in case, I'm just sayin', that's all.
Spools, what's not to love about this block?
And this is the end result of organizing this bin. I've got 25 blocks completed, a packet of finished bow ties and pin wheels that are used as fillers and I have 16 blocks left to go. I had a system that worked. I'm going back to my system this week. Stay tuned.
Sharon

7 comments:

Nicky said...

There's an awful lot in that one quilt - but what an achievement when it's finished. I'm making progress with my UFO's and I'm actually falling back in love with them - have you?

Lori said...

What a great quilt and a wonderful project to get caught up on!!

Brandie said...

I think that is going to be a fabulous quilt when finished! I'll be here watching the progress.

Heidi said...

A great project to pull out of the closet! Love the happy colors, and when it's finished, no doubt you'll be happy!

Linda said...

I love mindless sewing. Sometimes you just need it! Gorgeous blocks!!

Valentina said...

How very exciting! You really gotta love that 'second-wind' feeling!
Good luck! :)

liz said...

I really like that applique block too. I can see a whole quilt full of them.