Friday, April 29, 2011

Lib Amish Hand Quilting

I've made great headway this week with some hand quilting. No, the binding isn't finished on my nephews quilt, I didn't get all my 30's blocks cut up and prepped, but I'm ok with all that because I did get the feathers finished on this one.
You know when you do something thinking it will look right and be right, then you do it and something keeps nagging at you? Well, that was me with this project. I have been quilting the feathers with rust thread, #004 YLI, and was using black to stitch large X's through the stars. Now there is no black thread in the stars, just rust.
And now it's right. At least for me, and that's who I'm doing this for.
The end is in sight and I will continue to see this project to the finish line before I pick up any other hand quilting.

Have you checked out Victoria's show in NYC. It's pretty fabulous to see many of her pieces hanging together.

Hope you had a good week and that you get in some stitching time over the coming weekend.
Sharon

6 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful! I think the rust thread was a great choice.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! It is lovely Sharon!!
I like the rust thread on the feathers and the stars! Nice work!!

liz said...

Your stitches are so even. I like your feather design.

Barb said...

great quilting! love the feathers and your choice of thread color. I really like to see different colors in hand quilting.

antique quilter said...

I really enjoy seeing your feathers, wow and yes different colors in hand quilting is wonderful...
oh what a great quilt!
keep going and keep sharing please!
kathie

goldengirl said...

Sharon, what a great choice of color. The rust really works well. Your hand quilting is excellent . What a prize this quilt will be for the new owner.
I like your decision to hand quilt the x's across the stars.

Norma