Monday, April 18, 2011

Stop now if you don't want to see another red and white quilt athough this post is more about design rather than color.  Walking through the Red & White show was overwhelming and I didn't focus on specifics.  Now that I've had some time to go through my photos, I was intrigued by the Pineapple quilts.  One piece was hanging at City Quilter, made by Anita Grossman Soloman and the others were at the show.

One pattern
Same two colors
Three different quilts.
This makes me want to make a two color pineapple quilt. And yes, I'd like it to be red and white. My ten yards of Rich Red Kona has arrived, now I'm waiting for a bold of Antique Kona. I bought a yard of each to see how they would play together. I think they get along very well.
This piece is 15 x 15. I'm going to hand quilt it, with all the hockey on for the next month, I'm confident I'll get it done by June. That's my goal for this piece.
Sharon

9 comments:

Lori said...

I never tire of seeing red and white quilts. I lvoe the pineapple settings.

Your little block is adorable! A fun piece to work!!

Brandie said...

How can anyone be tired of red and white quilts? They are simply beautiful! I love your little quilt. It'll be a great reminder of your wonderful trip.

antique quilter said...

the pineapple setting is one I am considering :)
oh I love your little one I may just need one just like it is that ok????
nine patches and a vine border what could be better????
Kathie

Ann Champion said...

It's fun seeing how different the three Pineapple quilts are. I don't think I'd ever get tired of red and white?

Your nine patch is a cutie! :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

oooh, pretty! looking forward to seeing your pineapple quilt and in the meantime the 9-patch is lovely.

Linda C said...

Love the pineapple quilts. Darn. That's another one to add to the growing list!! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Karen said...

I like the pineapple quilt with the angled red & white stripe border. Unique looking.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh wow! Were these awesome to look at! I love that top one!

Linda O said...

The pineapples are wonderful, and I love the little 9 patch! How fun!