Friday, November 20, 2009

A little of this......

This is what one corner of my sewing room looked like on Sunday morning. I started with an hour of work before my friend arrived and we put in another 2 - 3 hours of sorting and moving.


Here is the result. We moved all the bolts of fabric and the bookstand to the studio room. I had to wrap my head around the changes because in my mind I was going to keep all my sewing stuff separate from my longarm stuff. And do I ever have a lot of stuff. My thoughts were to keep all the fabric and quilting books in the room with my sewing machine and then have my longarm books/supplies in the other room. It didn't turn out like that, but after all the work on Sunday I just closed the door and left things. Then Monday morning I went downstairs and walked into the room and knew it was going to work, I could breathe!



Update on my 144 Log Cabin blocks. I think this is the setting I am going to use. All the blocks are made, and from all the scraps, there was one piece of fabric that kept rubbing me the wrong way. So I took it out!
I've been following along the Blog Hop with these girls and this is the first project I've made. I have several other patterns printed and will be doing my best to get them done before Christmas. Since I used red buttons on the Prairie Points, I think the tree will be trimmed with mini bells and a bit of big stitch quilting. Sorry for the sideways pic!
Here are a few pictures of Judi T's quilt. I LOVE her color choices. This turned out great and her choice of backing thread really pops. This was a fun quilt to quilt, thank you!



A block from my 30's BOM that got abandoned in the spring. I had some issues with it, then I lost interest. I have found some it it, but the whole project needs to get grouped, finished blocks up on the design wall and then assess it from there. I think I am over 1/2 way through the blocks and it really will make a great spring time quilt.

And my one finished block for my red & white log cabin tree skirt. Will it see this Christmas, nope. I think I want to hand quilt this with a big stitch perl cotton and use it at a throw instead of a tree skirt. Only time will tell.

TGIF, no plans this weekend which means I will have MY christmas quilt quilted and the binding sewn to the front. WhoooHoo!
Sew a little this weekend.
Sharon

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have more than one room I work in too and it is always hard to decide what will be in each room. I have embroidery machines too and I really want them moved to a new location and haven't come up with a solution yet.

Your log cabin layout is striking.