Friday, January 8, 2010

New Years Surprise

I was going to post about this.  My Christmas decor has been reduced to this pile on the cabinet!

That post went out the window when I went to Lynden and stopped in at Calico Country. I needed to pick up some paper pieces and since I was going there, I took over my winter quilt to show the girls. When I walked in, there was a beautiful quilt draped over a chair and immediately I was told "this is yours".

What a strange thing to say, I didn't make this and leave it at the shop. I'd never seen this quilt before. She went on to say "it's been left here for you. You just missed Janet". I looked over my shoulder and out the door, nope, no Janet!

It's for you, she said again. Janet W. made it for you, it's your Recovery Quilt. I wrapped myself in this beauty so fast it would have made your head spin. For me? Wow! Oh my, it's beautiful, LOOK at the quilting she did on this piece. I've taken a class from Janet and her work is amazing.

Look at the binding, the piping, the quilting, the piecing, the colors and fabrics. Truly a gift from her hands and heart.

Look at the beautiful print! I have wrapped myself in this every evening since recieving this amazing gift.  Even the back is beautiful.

Gorgeous quilting.


I knew 2010 was going to be great, just look how it's started out.
We all have so much to be grateful for, just look around and notice it all.
Sharon

2 comments:

Julie in the Barn said...

How gorgeous! What a sweet thoughtful lady. Just when I'm thinking how self centered and selfish people are it renews my faith if the kindness of others. I need to stop watching the news and just read quilting blogs.

Anonymous said...

These photos don't really do the quilt justice. It's an amazing piece and I just loved the choice of fabric print & colours, and the square box-type quilting is very pleasing to the eye.

Janet W. is truly a talented and thoughtful person.