Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Still Busy

Life is busy these days. I've managed to get a customer quilt finished on the weekend, photo later this week. I've now got 3 tops and 2 finished quilts for BASICS, so I'll meet my self imposed quota of quilting 5 pieces.  Thanks to the piecers who sent me tops.  Wednesday night seems to be my quilting night so I'll get another one on the machine and ready to go.

I'm poking away at my BTCT, one stitch at a time.  I've got a few pieces appliqued on my current block.  Every so often I recount the blocks and regroup on my red and cream scrappy top.  After measuring and deciding I'm keeping this one for me, I now need 110 blocks.  I've got 83 in some stage of completion, so I've stacked up 27 block centers and will get them into the mix.  Once they are started, I'm on the home stretch of getting all the blocks done.

Shorter days, longer evenings......I love this time of year!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'm glad people came through for you with quilt tops for BASIC. One day I hope to be organized enough to have tops to donate to worthy causes. I gave some a year or so ago and haven't been able to get extras made since then.

Anonymous said...

I too have been busy this past week on the longarm and got 3 small ones and 1 throw size quilted for customers. Next one to get done is much larger. Going to take a little break. And I also love these days and the cooler weather.