Saturday, August 11, 2012

Vintage Quilts

I went to a quilt sale. It was in this beautiful building in downtown Bellingham, WA. This is the old City Hall building and it's magnificent, except for the lack of central air!


I didn't buy any quilts though. Oh but if I had the budget and the place to store/show some of these beauties.

Don't you love this combo, and the little slip of different polka dot that got stitched into this block.
Lovely applique and hand quilting.
Stunning combination of colors, the workmanship in this one is incredible, look at that border!
My eye always goes to the red and greens, but I loved the cheddar in the quilt on the right.

Oh, to have this darling hanging in my home!
Super cute block and I love the chain design going on, again, great borders.
This was very interesting in how the quilter marked the corner, they stretched the wreath out and around.


If I could have taken one home, it would have been this one. Finished strips at 1/2" but look at the color/value layout. Remember, no design walls, no rotary cutters. This is one of the quilts from the Esprit collection and it's a beauty.

The show was around the corner, but no photos were allowed, not even without a flash. It's a great show, worth a view if you are in the area.

Sharon

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Lovely quilts for sale--and I would have fought you for that log cabin, if I'd had the money. : )

Karen said...

Was anyone buying or was it just lookers?

Louise said...

I hope to get down there once the temps are a bit cooler. Thanks for the photos!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Beautiful quilts!

Lori said...

I'm glad you got to take photographs of the quilts for sale. They are beautiful!!

Mimi said...

Wow...I would be hard pressed to find a favorite. Thank you for sharing.