Sunday, October 28, 2012

Friends and Inspiration

Sometimes an evening with a friend is a perfect source of inspiration. Especially when she has quilts like this to see.
These are all doll sized quilts.
What a great selection of fabric in these.
How's this stack of quilts? Oh my!
And my favorite of the moment, I love the prints and colors L used in these.
I see the allure of making these small pieces, I really should consider them in between bigger projects. But the tiny pieces take just as long or longer to get all those points to match up!
Thank you Louise, for allowing me to share your pieces.
Do you make little quilts?
Sharon

9 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

I love little quilts, and wow...you shared a lot of great ones!

Pat said...

A wonderful collection - are a couple of those from Civil War Legacies? What terrific colors your friend worked with...oh to have a whole stack like that!!

Thank you for sharing these with us.

Mimi said...

I haven't made little quilts, but after seeing these, it would sure make one think about doing it; but I agree, I think they would take almost as long to make what with all the little precision piecing that it would take. Thank you for sharing them with us. They are beautiful.

Lori said...

Lovely little quilts!!

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful little quilts! They remind me of Gwen's stack.

Janet O. said...

What a beautiful selection of little quilts. Yes, I make them and love them!

antique quilter said...

very nice little quilts I see a few I haven't made yet!!!
great inspiration...
thanks
kathie

antique quilter said...

forgot to answer your question Yes I make little quilts , I love how they fill that need of accomplishment inbetween big quilts
thanks to Louise for letting you share her quilts
Kathie

Louise said...

Thank you Sharon for sharing my little pieces! I always enjoy time with you and love sharing. These small pieces are so much fun and gratifying. I do think I need to switch back to larger quilts. These minature ones do not do much for diminishing the stash as you can imagine.