Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spirit of Sacagewea

I'm making headway with my S.O.S. quilt.  Two blocks are finished and we have the 3rd block in the works.  Next up is Crossed Canoes and it's pieced.
While waiting for an appointment this morning, I got the last few circles stitched down.
Happy 4th of July!  I have to work in the early a.m. and then I'm out to enjoy the parade, friends, bbq's and fireworks.  It'll be a fun filled day and I wish the best to everyone on this day.  Take time to reflect on the meaning of today and give thanks to a serviceman or woman when you see them out and about!

Sharon

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, that is a beautiful block!
As I recall, Crossed Canoes can be a stinker--of course, when I made it years ago I was using paper templates, and those are never my friend. I look forward to seeing yours!

antique quilter said...

Love that bird and wreath, great block!
Happy 4th to you too!
Kathie

Pat said...

Your block is lovely - have admired this quilt from afar as I am fascinated with all things Lewis & Clark. Looking forward to seeing your Crossed Canoes!!

Enjoy your day!

Mimi said...

Great block. Makes me want to do more applique. Happy Fourth!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh yes, a great block!

I.LIKE.

Louise said...

Hoping to select my canoe fabric a bit later today. I might add a couple or three more berries to my wreath block. Looks a bit anemic...

Carrie P. said...

such a pretty block. Happy 4th!

Lori said...

That block is so pretty and appealing! Beautiful Sharon. Happy 4th!!

Karen said...

I like the wreath shape on this block. Red, white, and blue. A good project for July.