Monday, September 2, 2013

Picture Heavy *NW Washington Fair*

I'm starting off with one of my favorite pieces in the fair. I love the fabric choices, the use of value and the piecing was very good. This was a small piece, about 40" wide. I can imagine how amazing this would be in a queen size quilt.
I don't have much detail on the quilts. I know it seems like everything has a ribbon, but honestly, everything doesn't get one. There are just so many catagories.


This was the Best of Show  I think its an Edyta Sitar pattern, but I'm not positive.  What a great showcase of prints and colors.  It was gorgeous.

This is Donna's quilt.  I love the center motif. Yes, you've seen this quilt on my blog, bu it had a cream border with applique.  They did this as a BOM.  Nice job!

The pink ribbon is viewers choice of the day.  I think this is Jo's quilt, very cool.




Wow, wow, wow!!


Best of Hooked Rugs.  I love seeing this section as I don't hook and I don't know anyone who does.  It's the once a year opportunity to view this craft.
L-O-V-E the hooked rug house.  I would love to have this in my house.


There were very few hand quilted pieces, this one is mine.  It's still one of my favorites.


Embroidery work.  Very intense designs and the whole quilt was gorgeous.


I think this is from Judy Martin's Log Cabin book,  it was a lesson in staying focused.  I can't imagine how long this one took to piece.  Amazing job!



Yes, this is the cover quilt of AP and Q.  Tonya is a local quilter and has been having a lot of success with her quilts this year.  It was quilted by Tracey Fischer, very fun designs and the threads were fabulous.




Same quilt, two different colorways. These quilts were on opposite ends of the barn, and it was fun to tell people to turn around to see the same quilt in a different color. They would look, turn back, look again, and then see the same blocks.


These red bicycles and scotty dogs were SO cute.  Hand appliqued as well.



Love this border.




I have this pattern.................somewhere!


Another hooked rug. 


How cute are these aprons.
If you've stuck with this post, you get to see my second piece. I've shown it before and was thrilled to see all these ribbons. This one ended up going into the Large, Professional machine pieced and quilted category. It won first in this group, Best of Category, Best Professional Machine quilting, and the plaque was Judges Choice for Machine Quilting. I'm humbled, as there are many beautiful quilters in my area.
Having big open spaces of light fabric really do show off the quilting. I've hung this up in my living room so I can enjoy it for a little while before I give it away. It's a gift to a very special person who kept me on the straight and narrow during my journey through breast cancer. She doesn't know she's getting this but I'm thrilled to put these accolades on the label and gift it out.


10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wonderful post full of so much inspiration, Sharon. There are so many beautiful quilts here that I have to go back and look again.
And a big congratulations on your well deserved awards! Wow, that has got to feel good!

Louise said...

Congrats to all ribbon winners. There is definitely a lot of skilled women in our little corner of the world. Jane Buys, what can I say I always go nuts over her work! Your applique piece is pretty darn wonderful as well, Sharon! Since I didn't get to the fair I really appreciate you posting the photos.

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

You had me at "heavy photo" -
thanks for the inspiration.
I loved the apron and the halloween quilts :)

Brandie said...

Congratulations on your quilts! How exciting!
Loved the post, it was full of inspiration.

regan said...

Thanks for sharing all these great quilts! And congrats on your ribbons! Woohoo!

Kyle said...

Going to any quilt event is a wonderful opportunity to think about our likes and not likes in quilts. It's a great learning experience and a time for self reflections. Thanks for the awesome photos.

Lori said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons! it is nice to have that acknowledgement, especially when you do it for business. Your friend is one lucky woman and I'm sure very deserving of such a wonderful gift.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Hi Sharon! Such a great fair! So nice that you see the quilts in their entire glory. Looks like a nice show!

Unknown said...

I love being able to travel the world and see quilt shows through bloggers' eyes. Congratulations on your prize winning entries.