Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mindless Piecing

A few years ago my life was upside down, but as we all know, trying times will pass and we carry on.  During this time, I needed something to do that didn't require much any thinking.  Cut 5" squares, put them together and sew a straight line.
 The end result was tons of blocks that I did and swapped out with an online group.  I love every one of these blocks; they represent a tough time in my life and are proof that we can move forward and be positive and productive.  I've decided to make some new pillows and since my furniture is chocolate brown leather, I thought this would be perfect.
 Two tops are together and layered, and I'm going to hand quilt them in pink thread.  Straight lines using the 1/4 " tape to keep me honest!  Having something small to quilt will be much easier to manage when I'm spending time at my guy's place.

Three pillows will be perfect, two are pieced and I think the third one will have an appliqued center with the blocks around the outside.  Once all three are ready to put together, I'll shop for some home dec weight fabric for the backs, put the zippers in, and bind them.

If you are watching the football today, good luck to your team!  I think both games are going to be exciting, there sure is a lot of Seahawks Fever here in the NW!

Sharon

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Love pink and brown Sharon and having a hand project is always a good idea. Enjoy your evenings.

Janet O. said...

I do love this color combo! Looks like a good take-along project.

Nancy said...

Nice to get some of these project completed and you get new pillows.

Lori said...

Love those blocks and they will make wonderful pillows!

Sharon said...

So pretty! And a nice size for a take-along project. Bonus that you'll get new pillows out of it!

Go Seahawks! Next stop the Super Bowl!