Saturday, June 14, 2014

Batik Spins

Batik fabrics are a rare find in my sewing room, so I had to dig through the scrap bin at my fav LQS for some additional colors for this piece. The idea for this came from seeing Wanda post her blocks and Kathy Doughty's book, Adding Layers. I've played with the wedge ruler a bit, but this got me really going.


Making a template and following a pattern sometimes just isn't in the cards for me. I pulled out my EZ Dresden ruler and got busy. I had so much fun with this one that I started a third one before this was even finished. Then my mind started with other ideas and needless to say, this one ruler can keep you busy!


I'm teaching a Wedge Workshop at Fabric Etc in Bellingham, WA on June 26th, if you are in the area, sign up and come have some fun! I think there is still room at the table for one or two more quilters. The sample is hanging in the store, have a peek if you stop in during the Western WA ShopHop.  I'll be stamping passports and helping out 4 of the 5 days, stop by and say hello!

Sharon

3 comments:

Mimi said...

What fun Sharon. I think it sounds like you are having a great time in your new endeavors. More power to you. I can see this quilt pattern in many different fabrics. Makes one think! Hmmmmm

antique quilter said...

oh this looks great I love the way the blocks form a secondary design….great job. guess I need a wedge ruler too!
have fun teaching the class wish I was closer!
Kathie

Karen said...

You wouldn't find one single batik in my stash but I think this design could be made in other fabrics. Nice!