Thursday, July 3, 2014

Quilted in Honor

 Happy Independence Day  

These quilts were hanging in Island Quilter on Vashon Island, WA when my guild did a fabulous road trip. I'm showing my favorite one first, but they are all amazing, and what they represent leaves me silent and thankful.

The pictures speak for themselves.











I was very pleased to see someone represent the Poppy as this is the symbol for so many Canadians.

Take time to honor those who are serving us and those that have served us.  We are blessed to have these men and women make such amazing sacrifices for our freedoms that we ALL enjoy.  My friend graduated boot camp today, Go NAVY.  She is 35 yrs old and signed up for 8 years.  WOW.

Have a fun filled and safe 4th of July! 

Sharon

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I have met the Island Quilter folks at the HMQS in Salt Lake City, and I have a friend on Vashon Island, so you had me from the beginning. Then I saw the quilts! Wow--love them! Great tribute for the holiday. Thanks, Sharon!

Nifty Quilts said...

Thanks! These are beautiful. Happy 4th to you too.

antique quilter said...

Oh Sharon these quilts are beautiful but I am with you I love that first one, wow! I played around with those t blocks they are fun to make
would love to make a little quilt like the center block
was surprised that was pieced that way, were you?
Kathie
ps thanks for sharing inspirational post
Kathie

julieQ said...

That first one really is interesting!! Kind of quirky and just fun...happy Fourth!!

Nancy said...

Beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Mimi said...

Beautiful! Happy Fourth!