Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In Like a Lion......

We are seeing the sun today, but it was a frosty 21 degrees at 7:30 this morning. Thank goodness for seat heaters in the car! Yesterday was blizzard conditions here in the Pacific NW. Aren't we supposed to be wearing socks with our sandles at this time of year? Old man winter is letting us know he hasn't started his hibernation yet. It was definitely a day for curling up on the couch with some hand quilting, but instead I made my way to work.
Last night I managed to finish the hand applique on a Christmas, (or Winter) table cloth. It is from Kim Diehl. I love her books, and can't wait for her next one to be published. So much for holiday season 2008, but I"m looking good for 2009. My goal was to have the borders sewn on before bed Sunday, but Monday worked just fine. I had the pieced border all ready to go, I did that piecing when I did the center of the quilt. Whenever I get to the end of a segment of a project, I like to lay it out, stand back and admire it, and usually take a picture. How is it that I don't even know where my cat is sleeping, but all it takes is to lay out my project for her to make herself noticed. Maybe in her past life she was a model and she still likes to have her picture taken. (Posting photo's tomorrow) And not to be left out, Annie went for a romp in the snow yesterday and she got her picture taken too.
Sorry for the lack of pics, I'll catch up with them tomorrow.
Take time to sew today


No comments: