Saturday, March 28, 2009

Silk Shopping and more

It has been a while since I've posted. My biggest challenge is getting my pictures from my camera to my blog. I know how to do it, it's just making the time. So I'm backtracking my timeline to a few weeks ago when our guild, Piecables, had Jovita from
Peacock & Periwinkle as our guest speaker. I have never quilted with silks and thought it would be an interesting presentation. I was blown away with her samples. Mixing silks with batiks,
making a Granddaughters Flower Garden (Jovita's term!)with silks,
purple pinwheels
or making simple square in a square all took on a life of their own with the silks. So of course I couldn't go home without my own silk patch.

It's funny how when I get focused on something, I start to see it everywhere. I had recently put a class proposal together for English Paper Piecing. While I was waiting to see if my class was accepted, I pulled out my abandoned bag of flowers, found my packets of hexagons and diamonds, bought a variety of new shapes and have been in hexagon mode since. And everywhere I look I am seeing the most amazing work done with hexagons. I guess the stars and the planets were aligned as my class proposal was accepted and I am inspired by so much around me!

No comments: