Friday, April 10, 2009

And the winner is.........

A big WhooHoo! Here is the 3rd place quilt from the Sewing Expo in Abbotsford, BC. The theme was Quilts of the Pacific NW. My gal pal Muriel made this quilt with a group of others from the Vancouver BC area. Her block is the Orca whales with the Lions Mtns in the background. All the blocks are original designs and the quilt is embellished with a variety of items. There are shells, tulle, glass beads, sequins, crystals, threads...too many to mention. Her prize was a case of Marathon threads, better than a box of chocolates!
Here are a couple of pictures of what spring represents to me. These came about from a charm swap that I did online through 2007. I've made a table runner from the charms and this little topper. When I was going through a rough patch and my brain wasn't working at full capacity (does it ever?) making 1/4 sq triangles was the best I could do. No thinking, just sewing squares together. Prozac of sorts. I guess that's why I have about 900 of these squares in pink & brown civil war prints sitting in a bag. Yes, that is also on my list of things to pull out and work on this year.....and why Blogger is underlining this post is beyond me..........For now, I'll leave you with a close up of my work. I love the scrappy border and with the 30's print, I couldn't resist doing a little hand quilting on this topper. It's quite small, 24 x 24.
Hope you get to stitch today,

No comments: