Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This and That

Spring has finally arrived here in the NW. It should hit close to 70 today. My longarm machine is in a non heated room, so now that it's not so cold, it's more inviting to go to the garage. I am anticipating a move in the next few months and my biggest priority is a room big enough to contain my longarm, domestic, cutting/pressing table and a tv mounted up in a corner for my "Workshop in a Box" dvd's that I've been buying. My newest is from Kim Bruener, I'ved only read the book, haven't even looked at the DVD. I'm sure it will be fantastic, my very first longarm class at Innovations was with her. I had no idea who she was or what I was doing. By the time I got home, I'd taken 3 or 4 feather classes and knew for sure I could never do feathers. That had something to do with trying to take 3 different techniques and put them into one method. Not a good idea! I love doing feathers, I'm pretty good at them too, but I wanted a visual just for refreshers and ideas and there is no one better that Kim for this.


Here are two of my free hand feather pieces, not bad but always room for improvement!

I follow a few other blogs and I'm loving Tues mornings. Check out this fellow quilters blog to see why. And no, I have enough of my own WIPS so I'm sorry to say I haven't been able to help her out, maybe you can!

This past weekend was busy, a quilting class, (pics and more later), up to Abbotsford, BC for the Sewing show, dinner with my gal pal Muriel. She happened to have the most beautiful quilt hanging at the show, but I didn't have my camera. Maybe she will send me a picture? hint, hint. Sunday I met up with an old friend and we went back to our old apartment. Seeing our same old curtains still hanging in both our apartments was worth the trip. Laughter, sunshine, quilting and old friends, what a great way to spend the weekend!

Stitch a bit today....


No comments: