Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shop Hop vs Work

It was a regular work week this week with the exception of it being the Western Washington shop hop. It doesn't really constitute a statutory holiday, but at our office we made Friday the designated day off. Work vs Shop Hop...after work you get to go home and relax. After shop hopping, you get to go home and work!
Debs and I had a blast, we traveled to stores that we had never been in. It was an opportunity to see a few other stores that are within 75 miles of home. When I head out on these shopping days, I like to have a plan. I like having a plan so I don't come home with a bag of beautiful fabric that doesn't work with anything. This day I chose white on white, I need more of these because I've been working on this. I'll post about this later in the week.

Even the best laid plans can go sideways. The first couple of shops didn't have a selection of white on white, so I had to buy colors.
 After being it a few shops, Deb saya to me, "I got it at 1/2 price, I only paid $4.75 for a 1/2 yard. We laughed like crazy and continued to use that mantra until we finished shopping. We all laughed and joked and felt so good about going home with no money in our wallets!  Our last stop was at Fabrics Etc in Bellingham, and when they ran up my purchase, they started blowing a horn and I hear "we have a winner"! Whohoo to me, the same thing happened at the same store at the last shop hop.  I really did stick to my plan of w.o.w.'s
This stack will come in handy in the next six months. I've got them all washed and now they need folded and put away.

I could not resist these fabrics or this book.



I'm a sucker for any books on vintage quilts and since my dad gave me a few dollars for my birthday, I spent them on this book.  I also bought a few fabrics at Two Thimbles. I love books on vintage quilts. Don't you just love the old black & whites of days gone by?
I think this is Whigs Defeat that they are working on.
It was a great day. The shops really put a lot of effort into this shop hop and it was great to see some new shops in my area.
Sharon

2 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow girl.....you sure have a lot of good projects going on here....and your yard looks
just M-A-R-V-E-L-O-U-S!!
I'm with you on the white on white fabrics!! I have a hard time finding them around here...that is always at the TOP of my list when I'm on the hunt!!

Karen said...

I like the layout you have going on the pink quilt. I think it looks like you are going to keeping going with another center medallion below like you already have.