Monday, September 20, 2010

Innovations Quilt Show

I've spent the last 5 days with my quilting gal pals. I'll post more about the trip but this first photo was the highlight of the Columbia Gorge Quilt Show. Congratulations to Muriel F. on her first ribbon and it couldn't be a better color. Muriel won first place in the small catagory at the Stevenson Quilt Show. Along with this big blue ribbon, she was handed a check when she picked up her quilt! Big whoohoo to you, my friend, you deserve it!
Our first stop on our trip was Innovations, A Machine Quilting Show in Tacoma, WA There were several special exhibits and here is one. I will post photos of both shows throughout the week. Click on the photos to see close ups of the amazing quilting and design. These photos are the work of Irena Bluhm, a world class quilter and an amazing teacher and person. Her specialty is dense background quilting to showcase her painting. Enjoy!
No, my hand is not touching this quilt. I have it in front of the close up to show the size relationship of the work. Sometimes it's difficult to put quilts in perspective.
I hope you enjoyed seeing Irena's work. If you ever get a chance to take a class from her, it's worth every penny.
More photos tomorrow,
Sharon

2 comments:

goldengirl said...

A big yahoo to Muriel for the blue ribbon. Where is the picture of the second place applique winner?

Ann Champion said...

Beautiful quilts! I'll bet you came away with a lot of inspiration? :)