Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sharing the Love.....a Day Late

I'm so excited for Tonya from Lazy Gal Quilting. Her new, and first book released yesterday, Dec 7th.
Although it has been released, it's not in stores until later in December.  But you can buy it from Amazon on their pre order directly from Tonya's website, like I just did.
I've used her letter technique for the first time on my Liberated Amish Quilt challenge.  I have to admit, I put off making any letters for a few months, I was intimidated by all the wonderful words I was seeing all over blogland.  Then the deadline was actually on the current calendar page and I had to jump in. After making only a few letters, I have to admit, I was addicted. They are so fun and it's easy.  You can't go wrong.  It it's too long, cut it off.  If it's too short, just add another strip!
Here is my second effort at the free form letters. This is what makes this quilt so amazing.

Join in the fun. Once you get started, you will want to add words to all your projects!
I've been following Tonya's blog for a few years now, and I'm so excited for her. She motivated me to make letters, I hope you make some letters too.
Sharon

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

sharon, thank you so much for this post. I'm so glad you dove on in and did the letters, because these are wonderful quilts.

liz said...

Both these quilts are great. I love the design and image conjured up by the second one. Well done.

Barb said...

great word quilts - I love your sparkly stars. The pink ribbon is a wonderful quilt too - love all that pink!

Ann Champion said...

I love the quilts with letters and want to try it too! I put that book on my wish list for after Christmas. :)