Thursday, May 19, 2011

Norma's Quilt

My friend Norma is a fabulous piecer. She allows me to quilt her beautiful work. It has been mentioned that I don't share much of my longarm quilting on my blog so I thought I'd show this one off. My arm is telling me I need to make some decisions about doing custom quilting, but as long as one isn't in a hurry and I can take my time, I can continue to work on projects like this.



OK, blogger is misbehaving with photo uploads, I will leave this post with the few photos that managed to sneak past blogger! I do love feathers, and this quilt has them in the setting triangles, all around the red inner border and inside each heart. I did a background fill of free form hearts. This was fun to quilt.

Sharon

4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilting is beautiful! I really like how you used the red thread in the patchwork hearts.

Lori said...

It is lovely Sharon!! Beautiful feathers!!

Mimi said...

Well, Sharon, I think you should show off your long arm quilting more often. It is beautiful. You did a great job on your friends already beautiful quilt. By the way...I LOVE FEATHERS

goldengirl said...

Oh Sharon it is beautiful. You should always show off your long arm quilting. You did a superb job. You have really made the hearts shine.