Monday, August 1, 2011

I've Shared my Addiction

My friend D wanted to make a memory quilt, then it became two, and then she started down the slippery slope of quilting as a full time hobby. She was very clear to me that she would work on one project, get it finished and THEN start her next project. Hmm, I have 2 quilts to quilt for her, and this is one that just arrived. It's from a McCalls magazine in late 2009, but here is the story of this pattern. Thank you Barbara Brackman!


Welcome to my world, D. I started this project as a Four Block quilt, but not D, she had to make the full sized pattern. She mixed it up a bit with the borders, did fusible applique and did a zig zag stitch around all the pieces.  I've basted one other piece that is going to be hand quilted, she has several tops in process and a room full of fabric and books and patterns! As for the quilting on this one, she said "whatever I want"  Well, you just know it's going to have feathered wreaths in the center of the circles.  This won't get started until the fall, I know it will be on my machine for at least 3 - 4 weeks.
Sharon

8 comments:

Lori said...

What a fantastic quilt! I'd say she was a quilter- for sure!!

Janet O. said...

Now don't you feel a tiny bit responsible for helping your friend onto that slippery slope? : )
Beautiful quilt!
BTW, my Mom is one of that rare breed of quilters who has always worked on one quilt at a time, hand quilted it and then started on another project. She thinks I am crazy--I tell her I am the norm and she is the anomaly.

Browndirtcottage said...

Yep, sounds like she's hooked all right!! This certainly a fabulous looking quilt and will be even MORE fabulous after you get the quilting done!! Can't wait to see!!!

Brandie said...

I love that you passed on your addiction. What a great student, And what a beautiful quilt!

liz said...

Such a beautiful quilt. Looks like there is no turning back for your friend. Next thing, she'll start a quilt blog.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous!

Miriam said...

That is a beautiful quilt!!

Ann Champion said...

LOL..it all starts so innocently...
I LOVE this quilt top as is. Your beautiful quilting is going to really take it up several notches!