Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Taking a Back Seat

It was a busy weekend for me. Saturday our JT2 group met at Fabric Etc. We all did a show and tell, Tracey demo's foundation paper piecing, and many ideas, tips and tricks were shared with the group. Thank you, everyone! (Sorry, I forgot my camera!)

Last week my boss and coworker called to see if I was available this past Sunday. They purchased tickets for Cavalia  It can be best described as Acrobats and Amazing Horsemanship.  The show was in Seattle, a 2 hour drive from home.  I volunteered my co-worker to be the driver and I happily took a back seat.

We got settled in and I opened up my bag of projects and by the time we arrived, I had the binding on a baby blanket!



One the way home, I got all the paper torn off my 1/2 sq triangles for my JT2 blocks and I also got the 12 petals prepped for applique for another JT2 piece
.  Now if only I had as many arms at Durga, I could have finished the hand quilting on a table runner that was also in my bag of projects.

Sharon

4 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Well, I am quite impressed with what you got done!!

I spent a while a week or so ago looking at the Welsh quilts too. There is just something about them I like!

Wow, wow...that book you have there of Marjorie Horton, good stuff!

Pat said...

That is what I call making the most of time...good for you!

Have a great weekend - you are on a roll!!

Sharon said...

Great use of car time! I wanted to see Cavalia, but didn't make it.

The feathers on the baby quilt are wonderful! I love that border.

liz said...

Sewing in the car is a mean feat.

I am glad you don't have as many arms as Durga. Imagine sleeping with all those arms in the way and dressing would be a nightmare,