Monday, November 10, 2014

Time Marches On

I've finally got a finish for myself. This quilt has been in the works for a very long time. There was a lot of cutting, see this post from 2010 and a lot of stitching to get it to this point, shown here

Where did the 4 years, 7 months, and how many days go?  I have no idea why it took this long to get to this.  I'm just very pleased that I now have a new quilt for my bed.


There are so many quilts stitched into this quilt.  Sewing the binding down gave me time to reflect and reminisce about all the previous quilts that were the foundation of this Log Cabin.  I've not kept a decent record of my quilts, but so many of these fabrics brought back memories of many quilts I have made and gifted out.  That makes this one all the more special for me to keep for myself.



Feathers seemed to be the way to go for the quilting and I wanted to try this new to me version of feathers.  I worked out the kinks, and I LOVE how it turned out.  I just know this is going to be one of those quilts that I will use and love even more as time marches on.



I still cannot believe it was March of 2010 when this was a completed top.............. but the past blog posts don't lie.

Are you working on a blast from the past?  If so, share it, you just might motivate someone to finish one of their own.

Sharon

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

An absolutely stellar log cabin quilt! What's not to love?
Great quilting, too. Did you have a tutorial for that style feather or did you just see it somewhere and try to do it yourself? Lovely result!

Ramona said...

What a gorgeous quilt! And how special that it holds so many memories for you. Your quilting is just beautiful, too. What a treasure.

Nancy said...

Great finish Sharon, and beautifully quilted.

Louise said...

Sharon, love your log cabin. It truly is one of my favorite patterns. I have always quilted feathers in the light pathways as well.

Mimi said...

That's a great accomplishment Sharon. I love it. Who knows why we sit on some of our projects for so long, but it does feel good to get it done when we do. Congrats on the finish and enjoy your "new" quilt.

Diane said...

This one was worth the wait...it's gorgeous!

Barb said...

beautiful log cabin quilt! you did great, mine took 15 years to finish, lol.
I love the creams and the feather quilting. Looks very lush!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your log cabin quilt! It is one of my favorite patterns and a great place to use all of the little pieces of fabric that have memories.

Nifty Quilts said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You're way ahead of me. I haven't even started my grand log cabin yet. Love the colors, arrangement, sentiments and quilting!

Pat said...

A big congrats Sharon! A wonderful Log Cabin - every quilt has a story and yours has many chapters. Love the feathers - my friend did very similar feathers on the Log Cabin I made for our son & daughter-in-law's wedding quilt. It is a beautiful design and really enhances the overall look.