Saturday, June 11, 2016

Mixed Bag

Quite a while ago, I did a few small pieces using 1/2 sq triangles and I needed one more to fulfill a long overdue gift.


It looks best this way, and it fits onto this cute little hanger.


Since it's going to hang in her cabin in the woods, this was a perfect pick for the backing. 


I made a few more sections of sashing for a 25 block applique project.  There are still several blocks that need the marching stitching and it's been set aside for now.


Can you see a theme going on here?  Lots of 1/ 2 triangles have been made in my sewing room.  This piece is close to finished, but for now its also put aside.


My customer brought this fabulous Double Irish Chain.  Its going to be the guest book.  All the guests will be signing the center white blocks so we kept the quilting to minimum. 


 This wavy cross hatch was just the right amount of  quilting.



I love the two colors she chose for this piece.  It's such a classic.  A single Irish Chain with 2 colors is a fabulous graphic quilt.   I think red/white or cheddar/cream.  What two colors would you  chose?

Keep stitching,
Sharon

6 comments:

Karen said...

I like the border on your small quilt. Especially like the blue fern looking fabric that you used.

Mimi said...

Red and cream for me. Love your little projects!

Kyle said...

It's funny how our stitching can follow a certain theme. Your mini has a great vintage look to it. The Irish chain friendship idea is very clever. I hope she gives everyone explicit instructions on how to sign the quilt. Hopefully, no big mess ups.

Pat said...

Really cute mini quilt and love the bears! Hmmmm....after seeing Kyle's buttery yellow and white Irish Chain - there is a yellow & white project somewhere in my future..I made a Birthday quilt for our neighbor and it had squares incorporated into the blocks where all the guests signed one. Very fun to see all the sentiments from family & long time friends. I had a prepared scrap of muslin off to the side where people could practice with the Pigma pen first - using one for those who have never seen one can be a challenge!

Nifty Quilts said...

Half-square triangles is always a great theme! Lovely works here.

Lori said...

So many possibilities with HST!!
Love my red and white Irish chain- tough to sew with just 2 solid fabrics.