Thursday, March 23, 2017

Quilters Anonymous Show Part 1

A photo heavy post with very few words.  This was my first time to the Monroe WA quilt show put on by a very large group, approx 500 members strong, named Quilters Anonymous.  Most, but not all of my photos are patterns you will recognize, and although I checked my camera battery before leaving home, it did fail me.  Enjoy the photos.
A lot of traditional pieces, but I did love a few liberated pieces.  I really like the black background on this piece.


Judy Irish - a great version of this pattern

Mary E. The colors in this Lady of the Lake version are fantastic.

especially the border fabric.  My colors are not good on these photos, but this border picture shows the brightness of the prints in the quilt.  The above photo looks faded.

Great texture and an added element with the multi colored variegated perl cotton.  Hand quilting makes you want to get closer to the piece.


Bright civil war prints ala Gypsy Wife pattern.

Kim McLean pattern?  I think so.  very bright and cheerful.

What's not to love about a red/cream churn dash?!!

The Crabapple Hill pattern is shown with pastel threads on cream/white background.  This quilter here pushed the boundaries with navy batik, metallic threads, and beads/embellishments.  Fabulous piece.


Lovely quilting.


Red and white houses..........love

Great machine workmanship


Organized Chaos, by Sally L. Fantastic color placement. Machine and hand quilting. The circular hand stitching draws you into this piece, then you want to step back to admire the design, then get back up close. I heard many great compliments from other viewers while I was admiring this piece.


Stop back on the weekend for some more eye candy. And as a tease, next week I just might be posting about my Gwen Marston 3 day workshop I'm going to this weekend.

Keep stitching,
Sharon




4 comments:

Lori said...

Great quilts! Enjoy your GM workshop!

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you have a great experience ahead of you--and one already behind you.
Many lovely quilts, but my favorite block--the churn dash--really caught my eye. Love the use of the contrasting background fabrics to really make it pop!

Louise said...

Sharon, thanks for the photos. I used to go to this show every year because there are always pretty fantastic quilts showing.

Karen said...

The Lady of the Lake quilt strikes my fancy!