Friday, January 6, 2012

Are you "Taking 2" ?

I need a 12 step program, I admit it. I'm addicted to quilting and but I really don't want an intervention. I like to enable others so Carol and I have organized a Sew Along for the Just Takes 2 project that the Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane ladies are doing this year.

9 yards of Kona Natural and 6 yards of Kona Rich Red and I'm off and running. If you live in my area, Whatcom County, and you want to join a group to keep you motivated or get help with any blocks, contact the amazing team at Fabric Etc in Bellingham and sign up for some monthly 2 color fun. You don't have to do red and white, cheddar and cream, blue and white, muslin and scrappy browns, whatever makes your skirt fly up! Check out the green and white one already posted.  You all know for me it's the Red and White.

We are going to meet on the 1st Sat of the month, starting in February.  You can sew or ask questions or come for coffee and a visit and show off your blocks.  Patterns will be supplied via the Just Takes 2 website, for free, on the 1st and 15th of the month.  After 4 months you will get the setting layout for that section of blocks, and at the end of 12 months, you will have completed all four quadrants of the quilt.  So come on, what's stopping you, I know you want to join in the fun.  The first set of blocks are cute, and fairly easy to construct.  It's going to be the 2 color combo that's going to make this quilt shine.

What 2 are you going to pick?

Sharon

3 comments:

Lori said...

Are you going to do the embroidery? Your blocks look great and I'm sure your group will have a blast!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful, simply red/white blocks. I've seen this mentioned on blogs but haven't looked into it. I will observe with interest the progress you make. : )

Pat said...

I bow to you!! Had such good intentions on 12/31 - even loaded the button on my blog...and then at 3:00 a.m.in the morning - What am I thinking?? Still doing the BTCT project, signed up for the Little Houses and all the other projects sitting in my sewing room...well...will continue to download the patterns for future but for now will follow along and enjoy your progress!!!

Happy Stitching!