Thursday, January 12, 2012

On my A Game

Yes, I have re-engaged on my Beyond the Cherry Tree project.  It's the 3 P's that will keep me going, Prep, prep, prep.  Selecting the colors and fabrics can really bog me down on this project and I have to kick myself in the butt and say "just pick something out of the box, it will work!"  With 25 blocks, you need a variety of prints and colors and althoughI didn't stick to the colors on the pattern, I did stick to reproduction prints.  The green in the vine is the only constant between all the blocks.



This is block 23, but I'm really not that far along.  I still have 15, 17, and 19 to 22 left to do, as well as the border.  I've got lots of cherries prepped, enough for the whole border but I see a few more blocks calling for circles.  All in good time.
Due to the amazing internet, I've stayed engaged in this project and seeing all the beautiful blocks from quilters around the world has kept me inspired and helped me along.  If you haven't checked out the blog where we have been sharing our BTCT, it's worth a peek.  All the contributors are listed and if you click on their name, you will see all their posts and blocks.  It's fun to see how others have interpreted this pattern.
Sharon

6 comments:

antique quilter said...

another beautiful block, I am sorry I didn't jump on the bandwagon for this quilt
I do hope to make it though I have been printing out the patterns.
I love the purple you used and oh I think it was a great idea to use the same green in all the vines...
a great green by the way
Kathie

Lori said...

Yay! This is a lot like block 25! You'll be ready to tackle that one soon:) It looks great!!

Janet O. said...

This is a beauty! I especially love all the purple you have used. I am a sucker for repro purples!

Pat said...

Good morning Sharon. - great work! All your colors are looking so happy with each other. I just started this block this week. #25 could be its twin-still wondering of this was a group quilt. Guess we will never know. But for now we are almost there!

Mimi said...

Geesh...I looked at this block and thought "how did you get that one done so quickd"? I thought it was the one that was just posted yesterday. I am almost done with the block that I am workng on right now and then I will start the last one. Wow...that's exciting. I am thinking that the borders will be a breeze. Well, Shaorn....you have another beautiful block and I am sure you will stay motivated where this quilt is concerned.

liz said...

I like the way you have interpreted this block. Now I like the block much better than originally. I agree re the 3 P's. After all the basting, the applique goes much quicker.