Monday, July 30, 2012

Border Action


I couldn't believe how much I was itching to stitch tonight.  Two full days off work and I didn't touch a needle or thread. My weekend was amazing, the Amphetheater in George, WA is a spectacular venue for a concert, I'll definitely look at their summer schedule next year.


As for stitching, I've put away my 4 block hand quilting project.  After rinsing out the last of the blue lines, I was still wanting to hand quilt, but I resisted.  I've got to get back to my borders. I'm working from my scrap bag, and decided the border needed some grapes. Call me crazy, but I'm making enough circles for 4 - 5 clusters for the top and bottom border. I think it will play back nicely to all the purple in the center.

I'm totally sucked into the Olympics, such an amazing representation from countries all over the world. Everyone is a winner, just making it that far!

Enjoy your week
Sharon

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love outdoor concert venues! Haven't heard of George, WA. I'll have to look it up.
Your applique is looking good. That's a lot of grapes! More power to ya. : )

Louise said...

The grape clusters are a good choice Sharon. So glad you enjoyed your trip over for the concert!

Lori said...

You are an overachiever!! Just the berries and leaves were plenty for me! lol