Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Other Child


I have been feeling like a bad mother, sharing a picture of Miss Molly and not Annie a.k.a. Anna BananaRama the Super Dog. She has been my faithful buddy since Dec 2007 and I felt like she really connected with me this past summer. It has taken a lot for her to rebound from the loss of her dad. She comes to work every day, she even has her picture on the wall of office staff! So here is a picture of her during one of the many snow days we had here in Blaine, WA

And on to some quilting news. I've been working on a scrappy quilt that is FAST and EASY. I started cutting the 2" strips and 3 1/2" squares Friday night and have all 36 blocks completed and ready to be put together. This was done by Tues night and yes, I did go to work Monday and Tuesday. No fabric was purchased for this project and I didn't cut into any pieces that were bigger than a Fat Quarter. There is also a bonus to this pattern, I also have a bag with almost 200 1/2 sq triangles that are 3 1/2 inches, trimmed and ready to be used in another project. These are made in the process of making the large block. Pattern is from http://www.quiltville.com/ and it's called Pineapple Blossoms. A modified Pineapple block but fast, easy and I didn't buy one piece of fabric for this top. The center will finish out at 54 x 54. Borders have yet to be decided on.
Next posting will be a bit of a photo tutorial on squaring up the bonus 1/2 sq triangles that are born from this block. And yes, I'm still working on the layout of this blog. Maybe this weekend? I do want to see some open houses, looking for the house with the "quilting studio" area. Everyone has their priorities when house shopping, mine is a little different, but it's mine!

Take time to quilt today!

Sharon




No comments: