Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Small Project with Big Results


My 2009 quilting resolution was to not start any big projects this year. I am currently in the middle of a 30's repro BOM and a mystery quilt from my guild, Piecables, in Lynden WA. I also have other UFO's that will rise to this blog some time throughout this year. So for now, I'm only going to start small projects. How perfect that I got a small Santa Applique on a stand from my gal pal Muriel. I take it home and it has a perfect place in my over crowded house...but Christmas decor doesn't last for the whole year.


A Feathered Star has been roaming through my mind for a while, so I'm thinking, why not make a 12" x 12" block for this rack. As I start looking through one of my books, I got as far as the C's and this is the result of going off in a different direction. I have admired Catherdral Windows and now I can take this off my list of things I'd like to try. And thank goodess for that resolution, after making a 12" x 12" I bow to those who make entire quilts in this method.

Take time to quilt today, I will.

Sharon


No comments: