Friday, February 27, 2009

Where did Feb go to???

Mother nature just reminded us here in the NW that we are still in the winter months. Planes were grounded, roads were ice covered and it was 23 degrees when I started my car yesteray morning. What perfect weather for curling up in your favorite chair and hand quilting your latest project.
Staying home and quilting is always a thought that passs through my mind, especially as my nose froze with the first few intakes of cold air. But then reality set in and I headed to work.

So now some quilting photos. I taught a basic Machine Quilting class last Sat and here are the Snowmen made by Janet W. and Betty. They drew their own pieces and are now ready to stitch around their new friends.



These are way too cute. As for Janet's passion, it's hand applique and celtic work. Here is the sample of what she is teaching in April at Calico Country in Lynden WA. I've signed up and am excited to learn this techique on a small project like this.


That's all for today, the sun is shining, I"ve got a full day of sewing planned with my gal pal Muriel on Saturday, cocktails with my non quilty gal pals tonight, it's going to be a great weekend!
Take time to sew, it's good for the soul.

No comments: