Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Tisket, a Tasket......


I have finally got the pictures from my camera to my pc. I'm falling behind on the "post a day" that I thought I could do. I think everyone starts out with this idea. I realized I just don't make the time for this to happen. Oh well, I'm just one person in the blog world of millions and the sun will still rise in the morning even if I don't post every day.





This basket wall hanging was started July 2008 at a Jo Morton workshop. There were two reasons why I signed up for this, to get me out of my house for a day and to learn what "back basting applique" was. It was successful on both accounts. I'm thrilled at how this turned out, it was machine pieced and hand quilted. The original fabric/color scheme was NOT vintage/reproduction and well, it's amazing the path these blocks traveled. When it came time for sashing and borders, Jo's fabrics won over anything else. It needs blocked but I love the finished results.



Tuesday night was Piecable Guild night, I love the Show and Tell part the best. It is so inspiring to see other peoples work. Here is a picture of Janet W.'s table runner, Celtic Applique. She has taken many classes in Hawaiian applique and her work is amazing. She is teaching in April and I jump at any chance to take any type of applique class, I always learn something new.










The final rows of quilting went on Norma T's HUGE quilt and it is a beauty. She's lucky I don't have a bed this size, otherwise she might not see it again :-) Her piecing is so controlled and precise, I love working on her quilts.
It's boxed up and going back today. As soon as that was off my machine, I grabbed a hand pieced sampler that I started several years ago, got it loaded and basted, so now I have a few months of hand quilting. At least it's off the hanger in my second bathroom..aka..the batting storage room! And now my next quilt is a beautiful red/white/blue top for a returning soldier. It will be quilted with love!




No comments: