Thursday, July 14, 2011

July Bounty

Every second day I go out to my garden and pick my raspberries. It was about 8pm when I got home Monday, 7:30 Tuesday night and today I was packed up and ready to exit at 4:30 sharp. I got out by 4:45, so that wasn't too bad. Here is my bounty from today.  This will be the bottom of a hot crumble that I will serve tomorrow evening when my friend L comes over for some gabbing and sewing.
This made it easy to make dinner. I love raspberries, they are probably my favorite berry. Add a little whipped cream and "oh my".
A few flower pics as my garden has now started to bloom. It still has a few more weeks before it becomes something more than splashes of color amongst the green.
These pansies are super cute.
This is the front corner of my flower bed, so it looks pretty right now,  I have lots more that will come into bloom, we just need more than 2 days of sun at a time.
Now I'm off to the studio, I'm working on a Christmas quilt for a customer, and the way I've been going, well, lets just say I want to get it back to her before the season!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Sharon

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Ah, the berries! Raspberries are also my favs, but I had to move that berry bed this year. It was always too wet to get the topsoil in the new bed and move them. By the time we could do it the berries were leafed out and even starting to flower. I moved them as carefully as I could, but I lost about 1/4 of them and the rest may not produce this year. So I pick my strawberries every second day. I love fresh strawberry ice cream and razzleberry pie together. In fact I'm going to go have some right now. : ) (Luckily I made both a couple of days ago.)
Beautiful flowers!

Janet said...

They're my all time favourite berries too. If I had a crop like that, they wouldn't get to a pie, I'd have eaten them all.

Anonymous said...

Raspberries - my favorite fruit! Hubby planted 3 new R bushes for me this summer and I have to be patient for my first crop. He said not to expect any this season. I could eat them by the bowl full, just plain and fresh, YUM.

Me and My Stitches said...

I love raspberries - need to ask DH about planting some! Your flowers are all beautiful.

Brandie said...

Gorgeous raspberries and beautiful flowers! What a beautiful sight!

Library Gal Quilts said...

I have no raspberries growing but want to make some jam. Probably have to go with the costco ones. Lucky you! and really nice photos too! Have a good visit Sharon. Happy Sewing.

liz said...

You have a green thumb. I don't know where you find the time for everything - homegrown raspberries as well. I'd like to be fly on the wall for a day in the life of Sharon.