Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Sunday Drive

This weekend summer finally arrived to the Pacific NW.  I spent Sat in my pj's but today was a busy day.  My sister picked me up at 10 am and we hit the road to celebrate my birthday (belated).  We took her car, it's a sporty little rag top that really hums along. Our day started with a few stops in Bellingham, one being a yarn shop.  She is a knitter extrordinaire so I bought 2 balls of yarn for her to knit me a hat.  I love hats, you can't have too many!
Good thing we didn't stop at the quilt shop, she might have bought some fabric and thought she would end up with a quilt!
Then with the top down, our sunglasses on, we headed down Chuckanut Drive. You pass state parks, lush forests, hiking trails and peek a boo ocean views. We drove as far as The Oyster Bar and stopped here for lunch.

What a view!
We sat outside on the deck and these are the views. Simply life doesn't get better than this!
Here is my big sister, she's a cutie patutie!
We ended the day in Fairhaven at Colophon's Ice Cream, eating ice cream, listening to bluegrass music in the plaza out back and enjoying the beautiful sunshine. We really have been lacking in our Vitamin D!
Hope your day was sunny and fun!
Sharon

7 comments:

julieQ said...

What a fun, fun day! You are right...that view is just the best!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

happy belated birthday and I'm glad summer finally got there. Now keep it there for awhile!

Janet O. said...

A view like that and bluegrass music--I'd be in heaven!
Sounds like a great belated birthday!

Lori said...

That sounds like a fantastic day! I'd say it was about time we got some summer weather...it finally arrived in Oregon too.

Browndirtcottage said...

What fun!!! I'm jealous you know!

Happy BDAY!!!!

liz said...

You made it sound like a really fun, relaxed day in the sunshine. How wonderful.

Nancy said...

Looks you and your Sister had a great day. I like the yarn you picked for your hat.
The pink quilt is really coming along