Friday, July 8, 2011

Past Projects Updated

I've shown this as a top before and now it's a quilt.  I managed to slip this on my longarm in between a couple of customer quilts.  I did a huge Civil War Sampler BOM for my friend and I loved the thread color and quilting design, so I put my CW swap top on right after hers and copied the process. 


I made a scrappy binding, and bundled this up for my camping trip to Mt. Baker.  I hoped to get 2 sides of the binding done and by Sat afternoon, I was finished!  Sitting around the campfire in the early hours, my quilt wrapped around my lap to take off the morning chill, stitching down the binding, What a great way to start a day!  Now I need to label it and attach a sleeve.  I'm going to put this in the NW WA fair as a group project.

This one is still a WIP.  My 9 patch swap that I'm using for the center of my Sisters Choice block.  The star points are perfect for leaders and enders, I got a bunch done when I made a Lib Log piece a few weeks ago.


I've also prepped a few blocks for Beyond the Cherry Tree BOM.  I'm working on the Grape Vine block and I love how its turning out.  It helps that I did the prep work months ago.  I can't imagine having to sit and do 120+ circles to start this block.   Making the circles is TV work.
I have another project in my mind and I'm going to rent time on the AccuCutter at Fabrics Etc in Bellingham.  This will speed up that one step and I already envision myself sitting on the sofa in the winter, basting and gathering circles and building up a good supply for a future project.  I've already got a bag full for the border of my BTCT, even though I'm only on block 11 out of 25.
I've also started this little hand project. This is my first go at a Hawaiian applique.
I've been able to make progress on these two pieces because they are so portable. Even if I only got one or two grapes sewn on, I felt it was worth taking this zip lock bag in my purse. I got almost one whole grape section stitched while waiting at a dr's appt last week.
Lastly, I've revisited this project.   It's also a Bonnie Hunter pattern.
I'm making headway on this by keeping it out on the side of my sewing table. I've got all my strips organized in a cutlery tray which makes it easy to pick up a few strips and sew. I work on this project 10 blocks at a time, and I've got 20 finished and 60 in some state of completion. I decided I need 110 blocks for this to fit my bed, I like this pattern without borders.

What tricks do you have to keep on task with projects?

Sharon

4 comments:

Yvette said...

I adore that quilt! Great job.

Brandie said...

That post was a filler! It's all gorgeous!
Sorry I have no tips, I just muddle through.

John'aLee said...

Your projects and quilts are amazing! I need that box of pinks below!

liz said...

Well, no one can accuse you of having been lazy. There is so much going on at your place. I like how your block #16 is going and I really like the red strip block. Actually, everything you've shown is great.