Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lights, Camera, Blog

OK, I've had my camera back for a few days but when I started to take photos, the memory is full. So this required a little work, downloading everything from the disk to a cd and starting over. So where to start?
How about the box, package, and bags that have arrived at my house.

Quilters and bloggers ROCK! This box arrived and reduced me to tears.  Julie K organized this.

LOOK at what was in here.  Not only pink fabrics, but thank you notes!  People thanking me that they can help.  Oh my.  I was overwhelmed. 

Another day a package arrived, all the way from Georgia.   Tattered Garden sent me pinks How special is that!  And when I got together with my gal pal M, in mid June, she gave me this!

Here is the box all washed, pressed and folded.  WOW!  I will have the best scrappy pink quilt (s).  I saw Betsy, my friend who is doing the 3 day walk and I told her what has been going on.  She is coming over this week and we will be cutting into this box, yippie!

So ladies, between quilting for customers, I'm going to be working on the PINK quilt for the 3 day/60 mile walk to raise money for the Susan G Komen foundation.  Breast cancer sucks, so I'm hoping to do my small part in the HUGE fight.  Together we WILL make a difference.

From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU ALL!. I don't know who you are that contributed, but trust that your kindness will make a difference in someone's battle.
Sharon

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Yippee! I am so glad you got all the pinks...you are doing great things with them!!!

Me and My Stitches said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all of your pinks!

Terry said...

I see the pinks I sent to Julie in there! And I was more than happy to help! I look forward to seeing your quilt! :0)

Samual said...

Really impressing Blog. In addition to getting one subject in your photos, you will want to adhere to a basic photography technique and make the background of the photo as simple as possible.

Camera crane